Supplying Quality Seed Mixes Since 1970
R. M. Welch & Son Ltd is an independently run, family-owned business, based in East Scotland, working with hundreds of farmers, gamekeepers and land owners across Scotland.
Established over 50 years years ago by the late Robert M Welch and his son Bruce, we deliver high quality seed mixtures and friendly expert advice.
We supply and mix a huge variety of agricultural and non agricultural seeds. Pre-mixed, pre-packaged and bespoke mixed solutions are available. Each customer is treated individually, and we understand that each farm and order is unique.
All Welch seeds are quality guaranteed and mixed in accordance with FERA (part of DEFRA) seeds processing regulations. We can happily say that our seed mixes meet all standards and requirements of purity and germination. We record every seed lot reference number and mixture of seed lots for assurance of traceability and peace of mind.
Our offices and storage facilities are nestled in the heart of Monifeith on the Firth of Tay adjacent to the thriving city of Dundee. Being surrounded by fertile farmland and benefiting from excellent road links between the central belt up towards Aberdeenshire and the Highlands has allowed our business to thrive. We are exceptionally proud that our central location and wealth of expertise has resulted in high customer loyalty.
We mix, package and deliver all orders from our warehouse, meaning we can turn around orders quickly and efficiently. We have a broad client base and are often approached by all kinds of land and farm owners, educational facilities, equestrian and sports grounds. If you would like to see how we can help your organisation, please get in touch.
Our Quality Guarantee
- We are a traditional family business which has served the agricultural industry for over 50 years.
- We have a sales team with a wealth of knowledge and experience so we can design or modify mixtures to meet our customers’ specific requirements.
- We use high quality seeds in all mixtures. All grasses and clovers are SRUC No.1 varieties and meet the certification requirements for germination and purity set out by SASA.
- Our own mixing facilities and fleet of vehicles allow us to respond quickly to our customers’ demands.
- We play our role in supporting the improvement of grassland in Scotland by making a voluntary contribution to the SRUC levy scheme as well as supporting various Grassland Societies and the wider agricultural industry.
Our Service Guarantee
- We can guarantee that our customer service staff will be there to support you with additional useful information and guidance.
- Each member of our customer service team is knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Our staff turnover is low, and our customer retention is high.
- Our seed experts keep up-to-date with industry developments, so they really know their stuff when it comes to science and nutrition. They are particularly helpful if you have a problem to solve or a troublesome crop. A simple call or email and we can help you virtually, or arrange to visit you in person.
Meet the Team
We go the extra mile, hectare and acre for our customers
Our team have been producing specially blended seed mixes for our customers for over 50 years. We can tailor your mix to suit the soil, understanding its history, how you use it and to help plan for the future.